Senior Medical Receptionist
This is an ideal position working in a long established and reputable specialist practice based in St Leonards.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and proactive Medical Receptionist to join their busy team who is truly inspired by helping people and working with a variety of specialists and physicians.
This is an autonomous role and encompasses all aspects of ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of a busy practice.
The practice consists of a group of specialists and multi-disciplinary physicians who are passionate and dedicated to providing a high level of professionalism and care to their patients.
The practice software used is Best Practice and RX Med.
The position is working Monday to Thursday 8.15am to 5pm, with 45 minutes for lunch. There is a Receptionist/Typist who works Thursday and Friday, who will relieve holiday and sick leave. There will need to be a degree of flexibility to also be able to provide coverage on Fridays when the other receptionist is on leave.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing an exceptional level of customer service within the practice when meeting and greeting patients and visitors
- Answering of phones and taking / following up messages from voicemail
- Making and confirming appointments for specialists and physicians
- Liaising with patients and solicitors
- Opening and closing of the practice, ensuring security at all times
- Daily banking and summaries
- Practice filing, photocopying and other clerical duties as required
- Typing (minimal)
- Preparing consulting rooms, replenishing stationery/business cards etc
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years Medical Reception experience is essential
- Experience using Best Practice or RX Med will be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working with a variety of different work styles and personalities
- You will be highly professional, well presented and have excellent patient liaison skills
- You are meticulous in nature and take pride in providing a high level of work standards
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Comfortable handling confidential and sensitive patient information
- Work well under pressure when things are busy
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Medical Receptionist – St Leonards.
For telephone enquiries, please phone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.