This is an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant that is seeking to work in a medium sized group medical practice, working for more than one Specialist Neurological Consultant, utilising your strong organisational, diary management and administration skills.
You thrive on being a ‘step ahead’ of the Consultants ensuring their day runs smoothly and pride yourself on your professionalism, attention to detail and high quality of work produced.
Our client is one of Australia’s largest academic neurosurgery groups located at Macquarie Park. The group consists of 9 Neurosurgeons committed to providing the highest level of neurological care and skills, educating future neurosurgeons and leading breakthrough research.
The medical practice software used is Genie and it is a part paperless practice.
You will be working in an environment that encompasses the core values of professionalism, customer service excellence, quality, integrity, innovation, teamwork and respect for each other. You will be rewarded with a place that you will love to come to work and one where you will be appreciated for your efforts and contribution.
The main objective of the role is to provide administrative support to the Consultants.
This is a full-time position and the hours are 8.30am to 5pm, however there will need to be some flexibility depending on clinics. The salary for the position is dependent upon the candidate’s previous skills and knowledge.
The role reports to the Practice Co-ordinator through to the Director of Operations.
The duties and responsibilities are:
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts, using Genie medical software
- Scheduling of patient appointments for consultations for several Consultants
- Co-ordination of theatre lists and hospital admissions for patients
- Process payment for patient consultations and attend to end of day reconciliation to ensure all patients have been billed accurately
- Communicate patient questions to corresponding Consultant and ensure follow up with patient in a timely manner
- Liaising with other health care professionals, practices and hospital staff to acquire comprehensive patient records and provide exceptional patient co-ordination
- Provide assistance with side projects and general administration of office duties as directed by the Practice Co-ordinator, Director of Operations and/or Consultants.
- Provide PA/administration assistance to other Personal Assistants when required
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as an Administrator/Personal Assistant is essential, however previous experience as a Medical Secretary/PA is highly regarded
- High standard of work ethics and your values compliment the core values of the organisation
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to be able to co-ordinate all aspects of co-ordinating for more than one Consultant
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of people
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Personal Assistant – Macquarie Park.
For telephone enquiries, please telephone Bernadette on 0414 943 541.