This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Medical Receptionist that is seeking a receptionist role with a difference.
You are someone that loves patient interaction, however also thrive on being involved in the co-ordination and administration of a patient’s treatment and care.
This role allows you to work part-time but also enjoy the diversity of working for a busy surgeon.
Our client is a highly regarded surgeon located at Newtown.and is one of 2 specialist surgeons in Australia that can perform a unique procedure,
Working with this practice, you will be a part of a professional and very caring practice that excels in the forefront of this unique procedure as well as provides a high level of patient care.
The practice is committed to strong work ethics and values and is seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist/Co-ordinator that can be an ambassador of these ethics.
The practice consists of a Practice Manager, full time Medical Secretary and part time Medical Receptionist. The medical software used is Genie software.
This is no ordinary receptionist role as you will be also involved in administration and co-ordination of a patient’s diagnosis and ongoing treatment and care.
No two days will be the same as one day you will be on reception and then the next working closely with the patients in co-ordinating tests and other procedures.
This is a full time position Monday to Friday and reports to the Practice Manager.
The duties and responsibilities are:-
- You are the first point of contact/impression of the business so you will provide an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting customers
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts
- Scheduling and effective management of patient bookings in Genie software
- Co-ordinating scans, tests and other medical reports as required during a patient’s treatment
- Liaising with other specialists and healthcare professionals
- Provide information to patients on practice services and fees
- Management of patient invoicing and receipting of consultations (Medicare, DVA, Workers Compensation) as well as invoicing of surgical procedures
- Completion of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
- Other duties as directed by the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist working for a specialist is highly regarded however will consider experienced receptionists wishing to change careers into the medical industry.
- Previous experience working with Genie software is highly regarded
- A professional and articulate manner
- Warm, compassionate and caring manner towards patients
- Initiative and a pro-active attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- A problem solver who can think outside the square
- Excellent people skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals
- Enjoy working in a team environment
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bernadette Beach firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Medical Receptionist – Newtown.
For telephone enquiries, please phone Bernadette on 0414 943 541