Medical Receptionist for Busy Orthopaedic Surgeon St Leonards
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Medical Receptionist that thrives on working for a busy, highly regarded surgeon, but is only seeking to work 3 days per week.
Our client is an orthopaedic surgeon located at St Leonards. The practice is committed to strong work ethics and values and providing a high level of patient service and care.
We are seeking a Medical Receptionist that is warm, friendly and engaging but at the same time is reliable, efficient and highly organised.
The computerised booking and accounting system is Genie software and it is a paperless environment.
This is a part time position working the following days and hours
Monday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
This role reports to the Practice Manager.
The Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service in person and over the phone to patients and all health professional
- Efficient management of all patient data, appointments, procedures, clinical files, correspondence and accounts, using Genie medical software
- Completion of end of day reconciliations
- Co-ordination of theatre lists and hospital admissions
- Liaising with other health care professionals and hospital staff
- Providing admin support to the Practice Manager
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience working as a Medical Receptionist
- A good working knowledge of medical and accounting software systems. Previous experience with Genie is highly regarded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional, warm and friendly disposition
- Tolerance, strong empathy and compassion
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters.
- A high standard of work ethic – self-motivated, pro-active, takes pride in work.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: Medical Receptionist Orthopaedic Surgeon.
For telephone enquiries, please telephone Bernadette on 0414 943 541